- 1 three pound corned beef, you can also make this from scratch like we did. It will add about another 10 days prep time, so we suggest finding a good quality pre brined beef. Cook according to the package. Diced small.
- 2 medium onions small diced
- 2 red, yellow or green bell peppers small diced. We used red, for a hint of sweetness.
- 4 russet potatoes peeled and shredded. You can cheat by purchasing Simply Potatoes in the refrigerator section.
- 4 tablespoons of butter plus more for girdling the hash Salt and pepper to taste
- After you cook and cool your corned beef according to the package you can either shred or chop your beef. If you have a food processor, this is a great time to get it out. The size of your chop or dice really depends on the look you want. We chopped all of ours very small. We were going for more of a diner look, griddled on our cast iron.
- Chop or dice the onions and the peppers. Sauté in a large skillet with the butter until the veggies are soft. Let cool.
- Mix the chopped beef, sautéed veggies and the shredded potatoes in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Just before serving heat a large skillet, add a tablespoon or 2 of butter to melt, then add the desired amount of hash to the skillet. Cook until browned on the bottom and flip the hash to brown the other side. You can also roast the hash in the oven at 425, in a shallow pan.
- Top with poached or fried eggs.